July 16, 2014
- MagentoLive UK 2014General Session Crowd
- MagentoLive UK 2014Fireside Chat with Steve Denton and Craig Hayman
- MagentoLive UK 2014MagentoLive UK 2014 Marketplace
- MagentoLive UK 2014Photo Op
- MagentoLive UK 2014Tom Robertshaw
- MagentoLive UK 2014Merchant to Merchant Session
- MagentoLive UK 2014Packed Breakout Session
- MagentoLive UK 2014@magentogirl Kimberely Thomas and Paul Boisvert
- MagentoLive UK 2014Roger Wade of BOXPARK and David Gorman of LFC
- MagentoLive UK 2014Ice Sculpture at the Opening Night Party
- MagentoLive UK 2014Fun and Games at the Opening Night Party
Another hugely successful MagentoLive event ended Tuesday, wrapping up two days of energizing keynotes, informative sessions, networking, and absolutely stunning summer weather! With a 25% jump in attendance, MagentoLive UK brought together nearly 700 retailers, partners, and developers and reflected Magento’s fantastic momentum and growth in the region. According to the latest IR 500 Europe Guide, Magento has nearly tripled its share of top retailers in the region over the last year to tie IBM for the #2 spot. We’re the fastest growing platform in Europe!
General session keynotes included updates on the Magento business and product roadmap, as well as a review of the services that Magento merchants can immediately tap across the eBay Inc. portfolio, including:
• Details from John Lunn on how quickly and easily merchants can implement the newly released payment API, v.zero, from Braintree to remove friction and risk from payments
• An overview of the full suite of eBay Enterprise services (marketing solutions, commerce technologies, retail order management, omnichannel solutions, and omnichannel operations) to help merchants better attract, convert, deliver, and retain customers
• A review of the variety of direct and indirect integration options that merchants have to reach the 145 million active users on eBay Marketplace around the world
In a special fireside chat with VP of eBay Enterprise Marketing Solutions Steve Denton, our new President of eBay Enterprise Craig Hayman shared his thoughts on the importance of open source and partnerships to sustained success in commerce and the opportunities that mobile and cloud computing present to retailers.
MagentoLive UK featured several technology, marketing, and business sessions including a Magento 2 technical overview and three popular customer panels that featured leaders from Paul Smith, 3M, VF Corp, Liverpool Football Club, and BOXPARK as well as Bidvest 3663, MacFarlane Packaging, The Consortium, SnapOn Business Solutions, and Aston & Fincher. A number of breakouts—including Tom Robertshaw of Meanbee and Alistair Stead of Session Digital—drew standing-room-only crowds.
We’d like to thank all of our attendees, sponsors, and partners for joining us in London and helping us make this another memorable event. Videos of the event will be available soon on the MagentoLive UK site.
If you attended the event, please take a few minutes to complete the survey to help us shape next year’s MagentoLive UK, scheduled for June 22–23, 2015.
Also, if you’re able to join us in Munich or Sydney, we’d love to see you at MagentoLive Germany, October 13–14, and MagentoLive Australia, November 13–14.
Check out our great partner and community member event recaps too!