Reporting a Security Issue
Our team of security professionals works hard to keep Magento customer information secure. What's equally important to protecting this data? Our security researchers and user community. If you find a site that isn't following our policies, or a vulnerability inside our system, please tell us right away.
To report security vulnerabilities in Magento software or web sites, use the eBay Inc. Bug Bounty tool. A list of sites eligible for bounties and the vulnerability classes that are in scope are detailed below.
Bug bounty submissions will NOT be accepted via email; they must be submitted using the bounty tool in order to be eligible for payment.
Responsible Disclosure Guidelines
Please help limit the impact that vulnerability reporting has on the Magento community:
- Share the security issue with us before making it public on message boards, mailing lists, or other forums.
- Allow us reasonable time to respond to the issue before making it public.
- Provide full details of the issue using the bug bounty tool, including:
- A summary of the security vulnerability and impact.
- Components or pages affected.
- Instructions for reproducing the issue.
Unacceptable Security Research
Do not engage in security research that involves:
- Potential or actual denial of service of Magento applications and systems.
- Use of an exploit to view data without authorization.
- Corruption of data.
- Automated/scripted testing of web forms, especially "Contact Us" forms that are designed for customers to contact our support team.
Bug Bounty Payment Schedule
You may be eligible to receive a monetary reward, or “bounty,” if: (i) you are the first person to submit a site or product vulnerability; (ii) that vulnerability is determined to be a valid security issue by the security team; and (iii) you have complied with all Program Terms.
Estimated payout ranges (in USD) for in-scope vulnerabilities are as follows:
|Vulnerability||Tier 1 Applications||Tier 2 Applications|
|Information Disclosure (PII, passwords, or credit card data)||Up to $10,000||Up to $5,000|
|Remote Code Execution||Up to $10,000||Up to $2,500|
|Privilege Escalation||Up to $5,000||Up to $1,000|
|SQL Injection||Up to $5,000||Up to $1,000|
|Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)||Up to $5,000||Up to $500|
|Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)||$1000||$500|
The following domains and applications are in scope for the program. If the domain is not explicitly listed here, it should not be considered in scope for the program and should NOT be tested.
|Tier 1 Applications||Tier 2 Applications|
||magento.com, enterprise.magento.com, magentocommerce.com