June 17, 2020
Brands are constantly looking for tools to help deliver rich content and relevant shopping experiences to their customers. This has become more important today as merchants must be incredibly agile and empathetic in how they connect with their customers, whether it’s through the products they sell or the brand message.
To help bridge this gap, we’re excited to announce that Product Recommendations for Magento Commerce has been integrated with Magento’s content creation tool, Page Builder. This further differentiates our recommendations capabilities by extending the embedded Magento Admin experience to streamline workflows. Magento merchants can now seamlessly drag and drop Sensei-powered recommendation units on any position within content that’s being authored in Page Builder.
We released Product Recommendations powered by Adobe Sensei, our AI and machine learning technology, to Magento Commerce customers globally in April. This feature allows merchants to deploy automated and intelligent recommendations across storefronts to help their customers discover new, relevant products throughout their shopping journey – all while creating engagement, increasing conversion and revenue.
Since we made the extension available in the Magento Marketplace, we’ve seen over 250 downloads, which means more businesses, both big and small, are now harnessing the power of artificial intelligence to drive effective growth. While the tremendous interest from our customers in this feature has been profoundly exciting for our team, it doesn’t come as a surprise: today, organizations are looking for new ways to drive growth while maintaining costs, and AI-powered solutions can support both. Since the release, we’ve been full steam ahead on further advancing Product Recommendations capabilities. And one of those way is by bridging the gap between intelligent merchandizing and content management.
Key benefits of the Page Builder integration include:
• Drag and drop functionality makes it simple and intuitive to place product recommendations in any position within the content being edited via Page Builder.
• Merchants can now easily add recommendation units to multiple content types including pages, blocks, dynamic blocks and individual fields.
• Merchants can now target recommendations to specific customers by assigning dynamic blocks to various consumer segments. For example, a retailer can take advantage of dynamic blocks to show a more personalized selection of recommended products for their most loyal customer as opposed to a casual shopper who may be new to the site and well-suited for a different set of recommendations.
• With Page Builder, merchants can deploy specific recommendations to individual product pages instead of across all product pages.
• Merchants can customize recommendation units within Page Builder to match their brand, including adding borders, colors, and custom headings.
Magento Commerce merchants that have implemented Product Recommendations can take advantage of the Page Builder integration today by updating their modules. Product Recommendations is exclusively available for Magento Commerce merchants. Current Magento Commerce merchants on 2.3.0+ can get the extension here, or visit us on our webpage.