Magento Connect is Moving to Marketplace
August 9, 2017
We built Marketplace to deliver better experiences for our merchants, partners, and developers. Only select extensions that have been carefully vetted are available, and this helps us ensure that Marketplace represents the best that our community has to offer. It’s been just over a year since we launched Marketplace and it now has over 1,500 extensions, posted by 450 developers and partners, with over 100K transactions to date.
With continued growth and adoption of Marketplace, we are closing Connect on September 15, 2017. Going forward, all web traffic to Connect will be redirected to Marketplace. We’d like to encourage you to move your extensions and themes to Marketplace.
To submit your extensions and themes to Marketplace, please start by reading the User Guide to understand the various submission review phases, and how they’re different from Connect. These phases are:
Business – ensures each that each extension solves a business problem and delivers rich and unique functionality.
Technical – examines code to detect the presence of viruses, malware, and any indication of plagiarism.
Marketing – reviews all marketing descriptions against our style guidelines to make sure that content is in line with Magento branding guidelines.
Please keep the following important steps in mind during your Marketplace submission:
Use the same Magento account used on Connect
‘Vendor Name’ field must be lowercase and without spaces
A valid PayPal account is required
Respond to the email request for tax information (required to complete your submission)
2. Magento Commerce 1 and Magento Commerce 2 extensions and themes need to be submitted using the same process with some differences:
Magento Commerce 1 - extension URLs are determined by the name extracted from the package.xml (name tag) present in the submitted tarball (tgz)
Magento Commerce 2 - extension URLs are determined by the combination of the vendor name and package name combined with a ‘-‘ (dash) character. Example: https://marketplace.magento.com/vendorname-packagename.html
3. Magento Commerce 1 reviews can be migrated from Connect to Marketplace for extensions and themes with more than 10 reviews. Contact email@example.com with requests.
4. If your Magento Commerce 2 extension has shared packages you must wait until they are approved before uploading your modules.
5. Test every extension with our GitHub EQP Tool before submitting.
6. Make sure you correctly flag your extension as an integration. Please note that having separate installation and support services does not make an extension an integration. Both integrations and extensions can have separate installation and support services.
An extension IS an integration if it requires another account or subscription be set up and paid for outside of the Marketplace
An extension is NOT an integration if it works and functions on its own without a merchant having to sign up and have an account with another platform or service
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.