Meet Magento U Instructor Kevin Schroeder
December 18, 2013
1. Where are you from?
Originally a very small town in Manitoba, Canada. Now, Texas.
2. What classes do you teach for Magento U?
I teach Performance and System Optimization as well as fix broken virtual machines. Sometimes I break fixed virtual machines.
3. What do you love about Magento U?
I like seeing “Oohhhhh, now I get it” in the chat. It’s even better when it happens in my class.
4. What’s the funniest thing that has happened in one of your classes/since you’ve been working with Magento U?
Nothing. I run a completely tight ship, devoid of humor, completely focused on the task at hand. Sometimes I even beat a drum during exercises. Bom, bom, bom be dum.
5. What is your favorite movie? TV show? Musical artist?
- [Movie] Aliens or Sneakers. The Expendables is pretty darn good too.
- [TV] Pingu (Nug! Nug!).
- [Musical Artist] Me! (released two albums and working on a third) Or James Horner (his old stuff) or Danny Elfman (his new stuff) or Chris Broderick or Juno Reactor. In all honesty, I have no idea. Anything without a Banjo… except for the theme song from Firefly. But only because Nathan Fillion is in it.
6. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go and why?
Fhloston Paradise, but only because I’m such a big fan of Ruby Rhod.
7. If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?
A giant spider, so I could finally catch those filthy Hobbitses.
8. What is your favorite food?
Usually, whatever is about to enter my mouth. Or Thai.
9. What is a Magento product tip you want to share with people?
"We’ll just cache it” is not a performance strategy.
Want to know more about Magento U instructors? Visit us on Facebook!
Upcoming Magento U Courses:
- Fundamentals of Magento Development (Classroom) » Amsterdam – Starts January 20
- Core Principles for Theming in Magento (Online, Instructor-Led) » Starts January 13
- Order Placement (Online, Instructor-Led) » Starts January 27