Writing the Next Chapter of Multichannel Growth
A strong foundation for multichannel engagement.
Founded in 1914, SARAIVA is Brazil’s leading book publisher and retailer. They offer a wide range of educational, cultural, and entertainment products and services across 115 stores and online.
While Saraiva was one of the first companies to develop an online presence in 1998, its legacy systems were holding it back from executing on its multichannel vision. “Our systems didn’t reflect the innovations we were bringing to market,” said Lucas Correia dos Santos. “We have a very strong technical IT team and we wanted to control our ability to take advantage of innovations and the speed at which we adapted them to our business.” With eCommerce representing 30 percent of the company’s retail business, Saraiva looked for a platform that could:
- Adapt to the complex promotions dynamic of the Brazilian market.
- Effectively handle its robust product and customer data.
- Scale to support high throughput ratios and transaction volumes.
- Be up and running in six months.
We felt that the flexibility, scalability, and robust global ecosystem of Magento would best support our needs today and also ensure that we could quickly tap innovations well into the future.
Lucas Correia Dos Santos
IT Director for Digital Products, Saraiva
Delivered a seamless customer experience across channels.
After rigorous internal testing, Saraiva felt that Magento Commerce (formerly Magento Enterprise Edition) would support their needs. Working with local Magento Solution Partner ESMART and the Magento Services, Saraiva launched its new site in time for the 2014 holiday season. In addition to ensuring a seamless checkout process, the new SARAIVA.COM.BR also delivered:
- Full integration with its physical stores to pick up and return online orders in stores.
- Full integration with the company’s loyalty program.
- A unique and consistent shopping experience across its physical and online channels.
A springboard for growth and innovation.
Saraiva was impressed with the company’s Holiday 2014 results online:
- +200,000 orders online from Black Friday to Cyber Monday,
- 100,000 orders on Black Friday alone
- +24% increase in conversion rate.
- +130% jump in mobile traffic.