School Health Builds Healthy Customer Relationships with B2B eCommerce
A growing business demanded an integrated eCommerce platform.
School Health Corporation is a national, full-service provider of health supplies and services. It serves health professionals in educational settings from pre-school to college, offering health supplies, sports medicine equipment, early childhood products, and special needs aids. School Health currently serves 133,700 schools, helping to improve the health and well-being of more than 78 million students.
In 2012, School Health was growing rapidly. The company was adding thousands of new SKUs to its catalog but lacked resources to effectively market them. Managing product data required manual work, and the company’s website did not easily support key accounts’ contract pricing and terms. School Health had also acquired EnableMart, a distributor of assistive technology and special education products. The need to consolidate two eCommerce platforms added urgency to a re-platforming initiative.
The ability to choose from a wide selection of Magento extensions and partners has increased our ability to personalize our marketing, improved our productivity, and driven revenue growth.
eCommerce Manager, School Health
Delivered an efficient buying experience for 130,000+ schools.
School Health embarked on a platform selection process and settled on Magento Commerce because of its flexibility and large ecosystem of partners and extensions.
Working with Magento Solution Partner ALPINE CONSULTING, the company brought its new Magento Commerce site live in just six weeks. The site now offers:
- Custom landing pages and tailored product categories for key accounts.
- Tailored dynamic pricing: Schools with negotiated contracts see product pricing specific to their district when they browse the site.
- Connection with customers’ internal procurement systems using PunchOut2Go. Customers can log into SchoolHealth.com via their procurement systems; School Health then pushes the shopping cart back into the procurement system to manage approvals.
- Account management: Magento integrates with IBM Silverpop for lead scoring and to feed web activity into Salesforce.com. This allows the direct sales team to stay on top of account activity and more effectively prioritize cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
Double-Digit increases in revenue and AOV, thousands of catalog management hours saved.
With its Magento site, School Health has saved thousands of hours in catalog management and been able to roll out new stores—like the EnableMart business and a customized shop for sports medicine customers—at low cost. In the past four years, School Health has experienced:
- An 89% increase in revenue
- A 97% increase in average order values (AOVs)
- A 40% increase in number of transactions as more of its customers have shifted to online ordering
- Lowered sales and support costs