Magento Enterprise Edition 1.14.2, Braintree extension, New Relic and Cloud partnerships among announcements at Imagine Commerce 2015
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa., April 22, 2015 – eBay Enterprise, an eBay Inc. company, today, at its annual Imagine Commerce conference, announced its latest product releases and partnerships that will give retailers greater insight into their businesses, enhance their payment and merchandising capabilities, provide an expanded mobile toolset, and offer more cloud hosting options.
“The Magento ecosystem continually evolves to deliver innovative solutions that are mobile, scalable, flexible and cost-effective – exactly what retailers are asking for,” said Mark Lavelle, senior vice president, commerce technologies, eBay Enterprise. “These new developments expand the capabilities of the Magento platform and reinforce our leadership in accelerating business growth for retailers of all sizes, as seen in our rise to the second most-utilized ecommerce platform for the 2015 Internet Retailer Top 500. We went from 34 retailers in 2013 to 47 in 2014. We help retailers get to market fast and deliver a compelling customer experience and that is why more businesses are choosing us.”
Magento’s new innovative solutions include:
- Magento Enterprise Edition 1.14.2 and Community Edition 1.9.2 give retailers even more power to accelerate their growth through enhanced merchandising tools and deeper business insights.
Key new features include:
- New automated product category sorting capabilities for Enterprise Edition that make merchandising faster and consistently highlight top performing and profitable products.
- Integration of Google Tag Manager™ in Enterprise Edition to enable faster time to market for new marketing campaigns, more accurate data collection, and access to advanced reporting and analytics.
- Access to new automated functional tests to help improve implementation quality and time to market by speeding up the testing process.
- Magento Mobile Software Development Kit (SDK) enables retailers to create custom iOS applications to help them grow their mobile sales and build brand affinity and loyalty. With over 2.17 billion global app users expected by the end of 2015, and growing usage of mobile shopping and lifestyle apps, adding a mobile app can play a critical role in capturing more mobile sales and a greater share of wallet. The Magento Mobile SDK provides a comprehensive library of resources for creating a full-featured Magento app that significantly reduces development effort and time to market. Additionally, the SDK includes a sample app that merchants can customize to accelerate their development.
- Braintree Payment Extension: The Magento platform now integrates with Braintree to offer retailers enhanced online payment capabilities. This free and easy to install extension helps increase sales, reduce risk and deliver a better customer experience by managing customer issues like exchanges and errors over the phone without ever having to request the customer’s credit card information a second time. Merchants can easily integrate Braintree with their Magento store, accept payments globally and rely on state-of-the-art managed fraud protection via Kount, offered through the extension.
“We have seen merchants decrease their fraud rates once they implemented Braintree. That alone is worth the investment. We are using this extension for very large merchants – some doing more than $100 million in online volume,” said Ariel Spiegel, Principal, SDG Inc. a Magento Gold Solution Partner.
- New Relic Extension: Magento is also announcing a new extension for the New Relic software analytics platform. This extension will give merchants visibility into their hosting environment health and application performance, so they can quickly identify the root cause of issues and consider new ideas for improving site performance. Leveraging the New Relic Insights service, Magento customers can also track data such as order activity, average order value, catalog size, installed modules, and more so they can get a better understanding of how site configuration and performance influence conversion.
“New Relic is proud to partner with Magento to help its customers build better software and make better decisions through data,” said John Gray, New Relic SVP Business Development. “New Relic’s software analytics platform has already proven successful for many of Magento’s customers and this extension will help provide even more retailers with a crucial lens into app performance and business data.”
- Magento continues to expand in the Cloud
Adding to its roster of top cloud hosting and technology providers, Magento now partners with Lagrange Systems to help retailers provide an optimal customer experience no matter where they host their sites. Lagrange Systems, a new Magento Gold Technology Partner, has developed a powerful solution called CloudMaestro to provide unrivaled speed and availability in cloud deployments. It proactively optimizes website performance, dynamically scales with traffic demands, increases cloud throughput, and self-heals server resources to ensure cloud-hosted Magento sites have the capacity they need – even during periods of peak demand.
Delivering Unbound Commerce at Imagine Conference
This week, eBay Enterprise has brought together customers, partners, open source community enthusiasts, developers, industry experts and thought leaders from 40+ countries for its annual Imagine Commerce Conference at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Attendees learned about the latest inspirations, technologies, techniques, and strategies to deliver “Unbound Commerce.”
The conference included keynotes by Steve Wynn, Limited Chairman of the Board & Chief Executive Officer, Wynn Resorts, Craig Hayman, president, eBay Enterprise, and Mark Lavelle, senior vice president, commerce technologies, eBay Enterprise.
To learn more about the Imagine Commerce 2015 conference, please visit imagine2015.magento.com.
About eBay Enterprise
eBay Enterprise is a leading global provider of retail-optimized commerce solutions, including the Magento platform, order management, fulfillment, customer care, and marketing solutions. We enable brands and retailers of all sizes to deliver consistent omnichannel experiences across all retail touch points to attract and engage new customers, convert browsers into loyal buyers, and deliver products with speed and quality. With unrivaled flexibility and control, our clients are armed to accelerate sales growth and win with today’s digitally connected consumer. eBay Enterprise is headquartered in King of Prussia, Pa. and has offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, Los Angeles, New York and Shanghai. eBay Enterprise is an eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY) company. More information can be found at www.ebayenterprise.com and www.magento.com.