Merchants to broaden reach and grow revenue in the Amazon Marketplace
Sydney, Australia - February 23, 2018 — Magento Commerce, the worldwide leader in cloud digital commerce innovation, today announced the addition of sales channel capabilities, so that merchants can more simply and cost-effectively manage inventory on Amazon directly from Magento Commerce. Merchants will benefit from powerful listing tools that direct product distribution and visibility, provide detailed competitor reporting, and generate pricing recommendations, all designed to increase sales revenue.
Since the launch of Amazon Australia, shopping traffic has risen by 90 percent to over 14 million visitors. As Amazon continues to command greater share of online retail sales, merchants are increasingly adopting strategies to grow sales on third-party marketplaces. In a recent Magento study, 92 percent of merchants surveyed said that they expect to grow their Amazon sales channel revenue over the next twelve months.
“With a majority of consumers starting product searches directly on marketplaces like Amazon, this is a tremendous opportunity for merchants to help consumers discover their brand and buy their products,” said Mark Lavelle, CEO of Magento Commerce. “This enhanced capability from Magento helps merchants simplify the listing process, and measure the value gained from this important channel.”
The new Magento sales channel capability allows merchants to quickly and seamlessly sell through the Amazon Marketplace using these features:
- Leverage Amazon’s extensive catalog data for storefront enhancements such as advanced search, filtered navigation, and promotional rules;
- Automatically match products and list them across Amazon’s North American, APAC, and European marketplaces;
- Utilize advanced marketing tools to manage listings across marketplaces and increase sales by enhancing a listing’s urgency;
- Take advantage of centralized order management to synchronize order status, tracking information, customer data, and cancellations;
- Access detailed reporting on competitor pricing and use tools designed to increase product visibility and sales;
- Deploy custom repricing tools to keep pricing competitive;
- Utilize marketing tools such as the Amazon Strikethrough Price to enhance listings and increase sales;
“Consumers want to buy where and when it’s most convenient for them,” said Jeff Finkelstein, Founder of Customer Paradigm. “We are seeing a lot of excitement and demand from Magento merchants to make marketplaces a part of their holistic sales channel approach. This new capability is integrated into the core platform and provides a powerful toolset to drive results in channels like Amazon.”
The new capability will be more broadly available for all merchants on Magento 2 later this year.
About Magento Commerce
Magento Commerce is the leading provider of cloud commerce innovation to merchants and brands across B2C and B2B industries, with more than $155 billion in gross merchandise volume transacted on the platform annually. In addition to its flagship digital commerce platform, Magento Commerce boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omnichannel solutions that empower merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences. Magento Commerce is the #1 provider to the Internet Retailer Top 1000, the B2B 300 and the Top 500 Guides for Europe and Latin America. Magento Commerce is supported by a vast global network of solution and technology partners, a highly active global developer community and the largest ecommerce marketplace for extensions available for download on the Magento Marketplace. More information can be found at www.magento.com.