What's new in Magento?
Magento Commerce 2.3.4 offers new tools to increase engagement, operate more efficiently, and drive revenue growth. It also introduces important platform upgrades, significant security enhancements, and changes to core payments methods for PSD2 compliance.
This release includes over 220 functional fixes to the core product and over 30 security enhancements. It includes resolution of over 275 contributions by our community members, ranging from minor clean-up of core code to enhancements to Inventory Management and GraphQL.
Page Builder & PWA Studio Compatibility
Content created with Page Builder can now be rendered in PWA Studio’s Venia reference storefront putting the power, speed, and creative control of Page Builder into the hands of marketers designing PWA Studio-based storefronts.
Adobe Stock Integration
This integration now enables merchants to add high-quality media assets to website content without leaving the Magento Admin to simplify their creative process, streamline workflow, and help them create more professional and visually compelling sites.
Chat powered by dotdigital
Exceed expectations, increase conversion rates, and keep customers coming back with real-time engagement through Live Chat. All Magento 2 merchants can receive a free live chat agent, without the need for a full dotdigital Engagement Cloud license.
Additional updates and features
- PWA Studio 5.0.0: Beyond compatibility with Page Builder, the latest update of PWA Studio includes new tools to help get a new project up and running more quickly, and “Talons” to make it easier to work with Venia UI components. Learn about these changes and more in the PWA Studio Release Notes.
- GraphQL: This release includes improved GraphQL coverage as we continue to better enable a growing number of merchants to take a headless approach to storefront development. See detailed changes on our GraphQL Release Notes.
- Improved Performance: We’ve made performance improvements to several areas of the platform, including storefront performance, by minimizing requests to the server. We’ve also optimized Inventory Management and B2B capabilities.
- Authorize.net: The core integration of the Authorize.net payment method has been deprecated as we have done with other payment methods following the EU’s PSD2 regulation. Please use the official payment integration that is available on Marketplace.
- Security and Platform Quality Upgrades: We’ve introduced a number of security fixes along with upgrades to platform components for improved security and PCI compliance. See the Adobe Security Bulletins for more information about security updates included in this new version.
For complete details about this release, visit the Release Notes.