Make sense of a rapidly changing world.The world has changed practically overnight. Through the noise, there are some emerging commerce themes to keep in mind that can help your business stay strong.
Customers are re-evaluating behaviors, preferences, and habits, especially with stay-at-home and social distancing practices in place.
The transition to online behavior has accelerated, whether for searching, shopping, entertaining, or connecting.
Customers are inundated with information, but they may lack a good understanding of what is happening with the brands and businesses they care about the most.
Tips for Increasing the Efficiency and Functionality of Your eCommerce Business
Prep Your Business for Anything
Site Traffic Surges Toward Black Friday Levels – Now What?
Ask questions to help your business adapt.
As a digital commerce company, you are well positioned to persevere through rapid global changes. However, it is a good idea to ask some basic questions to determine how your business strategy might need to shift.
- Have customers’ behaviors changed under current conditions, and if so, how might that impact their connection with your brand, product, or services?
- How might changing situations open up new personas for your products or services?
- Is the way you position your company or products still appropriate in light of COVID-19 or other events?
- Do you need to change the way you connect with your customers (site messaging, blogging, social, SEO, SEM, SMS or email)?
- Do your customers know whether your business is still supporting them, and whether you’ve taken any actions to adjust?
Selling and Delivery
- Have you optimized your end-to-end commerce experience to match current behaviors and expectations?
- Do you need to re-evaluate the way you deliver your products or services to buyers?
- As buying seasons approach, how might you proactively change your tactics to match new customer behaviors?
Build an Omnichannel Experience That’s Easy to Love
What is the Key to Social Selling? Get Your Product Content Right
7 Techniques To Improve Your B2B eCommerce Website
Ideas for adapting your Magento Commerce business.
During times of change, adjusting your business and commerce approach is important to stay ahead of shifting behaviors. Here are some actionable tips you can start with immediately.
- Update your header with a COVID-19 message
- Engage with your customers via email, social media, or other channels
- Consider donating a portion of proceeds to organizations helping with the COVID-19 crisis
Offer free shipping
- Easily add free shipping to your Magento Commerce site
- “Free” converts better than “promotions” or “discounts”
- Minimum order amounts can help maintain average basket size
The Marketplace Maturity Model: Where Are You Now, and Where Can You Go?
eCommerce Shipping and Fulfillment: 8 Things You Need to Know
B2B Playbook for Launching eCommerce
Examples of business tactics during adversity.
Learn from other companies and industries that are adapting quickly to tackle today’s business environment.
- Australian party supplies retailer
- Added antibacterial wipes & sprays for pre-order
- Sent engagement communication to customer base
- Seeing huge demand for these new add-ons
Camera Electronic Service
- Australian photographic and imaging solution company
- Shifting sales initiatives to US market to leverage currency differences
Industries with surging demand
- Mature female fashion
- Active wear
- Pet supplies
- Office supplies
- Gym equipment
- Home goods