A Magento Solution Specialist is an expert user of the Magento ecommerce platform. Drawing on a deep background in business and ecommerce, the Magento Solution Specialist can efficiently align business objectives with Magento functionality, optimize use of native features, and avoid unnecessary customization. Whether as a merchant, a manager, a consultant, or an analyst, the Magento Solution Specialist knows how to make the best use of Magento technology.
A Magento Certified Solution Specialist has deep familiarity with the Magento platform, including:
- Magento Architecture: layouts, themes, extensions and customizations; Magento data models
- Elements of a Magento ecommerce site: catalog, shipping, payment, order processing, promotions, extensions, import/export, etc.
- Application of Magento knowledge to business goals: mapping client needs to Magento features, recommending the most effective options for implementing client requirements in Magento
ABOUT THE EXAM
- 60 multiple-choice questions
- 90 minutes to complete the exam
- Each question on the exam tests a skill that applies to both Community Edition v.1.8 and Enterprise Edition v.1.13.
- No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam
PREREQUISITES AND RESOURCES
- No prerequisites
- We recommend Taking the Managing Your Magento Store course through Magento U as a first step
- Hands-on experience
- Free Study Guides available for download